Pages

3 May 2011

Invincible - My guest post.

'I'd like you to write a post on Inspiration.' My friend, Starlight asked me in an email. I felt very honoured. It was to be included in her series of guest posts on Inspiration. I didn't have to think for long about what I would write about. Immediately one person came to mind.

I picked the person who I thought to be invincible, who is undoubtedly my inspiration: My Mum. To find out about her - and the story behind this picture I painted just for her - pay a visit to Starlight's blog, Crazy Thoughts.


Starlight is a wonderful writer, a dedicated blogger and a supportive friend. I want to thank her for giving me the opportunity to share my inspiration with you all.

4 comments:

  1. This was an absolutely beautiful and touching post... I have been hit with a lot of breast cancer-y stuff lately, and find myself soaking up every possible breast cancer story I come across. I even wrote a post about it in my own blog.
    Many of the women in my family have battled breast cancer. My grandmother just fought it for the second time and chose to have a double mastectomy.
    Additionally, one of my students has an extrememly aggressive form of breast cancer that has spread to several other parts of her body. Fortunately, she has already doubled her three-month life-expectancy. But it has been heart-wrenching to watch her continue to struggle through it.
    Thank you so much for writing this and for sharing your beautiful painting. It was just what I needed and at just the write time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was simply a fantastic piece of writing. Words cannot describe. Wonderful, incredible, and VERY inspiring. I'm at a loss for words. Well done Bth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laena - I feel so pleased that my post came at the right time to you, and thank you for sharing part of you in response to it. I'll send all my love and thoughts to your grandmother and your student - keep strong. x

    Karson - THANK YOU so much. Such encouraging words - I'm very touched. x

    ReplyDelete